During a consultation we will spend about 10/15 min discussing some babywearing theory first, which includes:
- baby's spine and hip anatomy and development
- how to carry your baby ergonomically, in a way that respects the developing spine and hips
- how to use a sling safely.
I then demonstrate a few slings with a weighted demo doll.
Then it is your turn to try slings of your choice with the weighted demo doll (so you can concentrate on the tying and not have to worry about having to hold your wriggly baby at the same time).
This allows you to find out what slings are easiest to use and also most comfortable on your body.
Finally you get to try the sling(s) of your choice with your baby.
It is also possible to try and choose a sling whilst you are pregnant 🙂
I can also advise you on where to buy your sling(s) of choice.
- One to one consultation, £70 for up to 2h, (thereafter £15 per 30 min or part of).
- Joint consultation, up to 2h, (2 parents with 2 babies), £50 per family
- Travel costs: 30p per mile over 5 miles
A deposit of half the consultation fee is payable at booking time, and non refundable if cancelled within less than 24h before the consultation.
I also offer the option of doing a two-part sling consultation via skype. After discussing your needs via email or phone, we meet over skype. In the first session I will go through anatomy and safety and demo a range of slings. You can then hire or purchase the slings of your choice. The second session I help you learn to use it confidently with your baby.
Contact me if you would like to book a consultation